> 消息与公告 >
1. Is it mandatory to take a medical insurance?
Yes, it’s mandatory for all international students at Inha University to take a medical insurance.
All international students are required to obtain one of the insurance plans below;
① Inha University's Designated Insurance Plan (학교 지정 보험)
② National Health Insurance (국민 건강 보험)
③ Medical Insurance Plan available in Korea (국내 기타 보험 상품)
④ Medical Insurance Plan from a foreign country (국외 기타 보험 상품) : International Students who already took a medical insurance of their own country do not need to take a new one in Korea, if it can cover their illness and injury in Korea.
※ Students who have purchased another insurance policy other than Inha University's designated insurance plan must submit a photocopy of his/her insurance certificate to the International Student Lounge (ISL Rm No. 504 at the Student Union building) in the first week of each semester.
2. How can I purchase Inha University’s designated insurance?
You have to check the current notice from the homepage of International Center(
1) Payment Period : First three days in the first week of semester.
2) Premium : Approx. KRW 160,000 ~ 200,000 for a year
- The insurance premium may vary depending on the age and gender.
- For students who were born before 1980s, the insurance premium may be a lot more expensive. Therefore, please consult with the insurance agency first before buying the insurance.
3) Method of Purchasing : Go to the International Student Lounge (ISL, #504) in the Student Union Building and make payment during the designated period.
4) One month after the payment, pick up your insurance certificate at the ISL(#504 at the Student Union building).
5) Max. Coverage & Limits (보상한도)
① Death/Physical Disability：KRW 20,000,000 (사망,후유장애: 2천만원)
② Domestic hospitalization for Injury/Sickness： KRW 10,000,000 (상해,질병 치료(국내입원): 1천만원)
③ Domestic Medical Expenses for Injury/Sickness : KRW 250,000/Day (상해/질병 치료(국내외래): 25만원/일)
④ Medicinal Expenses for Prescription Drugs : KRW 50,000/Day (상해/질병 처방조제: 5만원/일)
6) Deductible (자기부담금)
① Hospitalization : 10% of medical expenses
(90% of medical expenses may be covered by medical insurance)
/ 입원의료비 본인부담금 10% (90%만 보험사에서 보상)
② Insurers must pay deductibles depending on the type of hospital : Clinic(KRW 10,000), Hospital (KRW 15,000), General Hospital (KRW 20,000)
/ 의원(1만원), 중소병원(1.5만원), 대학/종합병원(2만원)
③ Insurers must pay deductibles (KRW 8,000) for buying prescription drugs
/ 약제비 자기부담금(8천원)
covered by Insurance : Traditional Korean Medicine, Dental Treatment, Chronic Proctological Disease, Diseases or Physical Impairment that occurred prior to insurance purchase, etc.
3. How can I make insurance claim after taking Inha University’s designated insurance?
After paying all the medical expenses, complete the following documents and submit them to Insurance Claim Center by fax or e-mail.
(치료비 전액을 의료기관에 납부한 후 아래 서류들을 준비하여 동부 클레임센터로 FAX 또는 E-Mail로 의료비 청구)
1) 보험금 청구서 / Insurance Claim Application Form
2) 발급받은 증권 사본 / one photocopy of the insurance policy
3) 영수증 및 병원 진단서 / Receipt and Medical Certificate
4) 본인 명의 통장 사본 / one photocopy of your bankbook
5) 외국인 등록증 또는 여권 사본 / one photocopy of your alien registration card or passport
※ 동부화재보험 클레임센터 연락처 / Dong Bu Insurance Claim Center
Tel : 1588-0100, Fax : 0505-181-4861~5, Homepage:
※ LIG 클레임센터 연락처 / LIG Insurance Claim Center
Tel : 02-3140-1717, Homepage:
※ 보험 대리인(에듀) 연락처 / Insurance Local Agency
Tel : 010-3350-3337, Fax : 0303-0505-3337, E-mail :
* For all inquiries about insurance, please contact the local insurance agency.
4. How can I get detailed information about National Health Insurance?
National Health Insurance covers Diseases or Physical Impairment that occurred prior to insurance purchase as well as some other diseases that are not covered by private insurance plan. Family Dependants can also be covered.
; For more details about the National Health Insurance, please go to its online website at
GRANDUATE SCHOOL OFFICE, INHA UNIVERSITY 100 INHA-RO, NAM-GO, INCHEON 22212, KOREA Tel:032)860-8383, Fax:032)865-8623
Copyright 2012. INHA UNIVERSITY All Rights Reserved.